Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Potty news

This morning James led me to the spare bedroom and told me that he "needed" the Star Wars toy that we had hidden because he "pooped in the potty at school" and "peed at home". He really felt that he deserved the toy. We gave it to him because he is working hard on his potty skills. We didn't get a confirmation from his teachers yesterday that he did poop in the potty, or even how his potty training is going. They were extremely busy when Jim picked up yesterday afternoon. I guess we're not too happy with the current teachers- they seem overwhelmed and unfocused. At least that's the impression I am getting. I'll be really glad if James moves up to the Red Room very soon.

On Friday we did take a bag full of extra pants and underwear to his daycare. They FORGOT to do the training, as I discussed with them on Thursday afternoon but we did get a good report that he did well in pull-ups.

Yesterday (Monday) we brought the same bag of pants and underwear and I called the front desk. I spoke with the assistant director and she was going to make sure that the underwear went on James. She told us that the biggest tip she could give us is to completely ditch the pull-ups.

I went out last night with friends (wooohooo!) so that task was left to Jim. He was up for the challenge and told me that it went well. There were obviously some accidents at school and then one at home, but James told Jim three different times that he had to pee. Yeah! And this morning, I had to rush off to a morning meeting but when I was leaving I heard James tell his Daddy, "I have to pee! Hurry!" So they rushed to the bathroom and James forced a trickle. Yeah! It was off to daycare right after so I'm sure he's continuing to do well :)

We hope for a great report from daycare- hopefully James will have pooped and peed all day in the potty!

No comments:

Post a Comment