Thursday, July 30, 2009

Busy days

Yup, real busy. And can you believe that he's been busy doing a little of everything BUT golf?! Is this the end of the golf obsession?!! James has picked up his clubs every once in a while, but coloring, books, jumping, and TV have been the stars of his show lately. Well, we'll see what happens. Maybe GOLF won't be his birthday party theme after all!

When we were grocery shopping James became attached to this Thomas cup. He had been playing with his trains lately (not anymore, sadly) so I thought Thomas was appropriate and I did want him to start drinking from a straw cup. I think we've kept him on sippy cups for too long. He is almost THREE, after all. Big boy.


Mine Mine Mine. That's what James says when he sees this little plant. I received the plant in a tiny little dixie cup at a wedding shower a few months ago. I planted the tiny flower into this pot and it has done very well. James helps me to water the plants and he has claimed this little flower pot.






Bubbles!


Don't mind ME in these pictures, James is the star.


Or maybe his beautiful brown eyes and lashes are!


We have introduced James to regular sized Legos. They are a bit advanced for him, but Jim is living his dream- playing Legos with his son :) James enjoys playing with the doors, windows, trees, and the little silly cars that I've put together.


Uh oh! The Tickle Monster! Tia ChaCha gave us this great book that came with Tickle Monster gloves. James loves to chase us around the house and tickle! Here Dada is his latest victim.


Dada doesn't stand a chance!






Dada and James have been enjoying a good book or two lately. Hooray for an interest in books again! I was worried.


We are so lucky to have an indoor playground :) (Thanks Grandma Rosie!)


Heh. James tries Wii Tennis.


On Thursday we headed to the Youth Golf course for some putting course action. We were free again- the man remembered James' eyes! I knew those eyes would get him anything he wants!!


Again, James loved the sand.


"I made it!"


Can you believe we only made it to the 6th hole?! All of a sudden James said, "All done. Go-go-go!" He put away his clubs and started to walk away. I was disappointed that golf didn't amuse him that morning, so we ended up going to Target for a cookie and going to the "bottle store" for Mama's pain-go-bye-bye-juice. (Heh. Okay, really, I needed cooking wine.)



Awesome! You know that cleaned up closet? James is now using it as his "Reading Room". He loves to play in that closet now! I put the Monkey chair in there (a gift from Bucko soooo long ago), and he now will cuddle up and play/read. We spent a good hour and 15 minutes after naptime yesterday just playing in his room!




James decided that Teddy Bear needs a nap.




"Goodnight! I love you." Awwwww.


I love this. James plays "hopscotch" on his rug. I bet Tia Kiki didn't see that one coming when she gave this to me at my baby shower :) How creative is he?!


I don't even want to talk about what's going on here.




Old toys have been rediscovered! Tia Kiki gave this to James when he was a wee little boy. He loved it when he was little because of the flashing lights, but now he will recognize the alphabet letters and numbers. Groovy.


Another discovery- this cool little penguin backpack on wheels. Jim and I bought this at the zoo when he was a wee little one and its been hanging in the closet, ignored. I brought it down to show James and he loves it. In these pictures he began filling the backpack with necessities- blocks, Elmo book, and two diapers! I was afraid he was plotting to run away from home.




Thank goodness he decided to stay. I'd miss him :)

But yay for babysitters! Jim and I are headed out tonight for a "date"! Thanks ahead of time to Tia ChaCha and Tio Donkey!! They rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment